Wednesday 26 March 2014

T N Neelakantan, the Writer and Author

Writing had always been my passion.

I was a writer when I was a student. I used to take pride in writing for the school magazines, writing long letters to my friends, writing for my speeches for competitions, writing emotional poems, and writing for the hand printed local magazine of our street in our town. Over years, career demands overwhelmed and writing was relegated to the background. However, I always remained a voracious reader even in the midst of career pressures and demands. The fire to write was there suppressed all along and was rekindled again when I retired from active work life in 2006.

I was never a computer literate, but with a laptop in my hand, someone told me about blogging. It was initially all difficult for me to understand, but I caught up soon. I wrote in my blogs. Friends and relatives encouraged me and I wrote more. I wrote a couple of stories in my blog and that appealed to a few of my fans.  Over time, the idea of compiling my work in the form of a book took shape and resulted in my first ever book: SHORT STORIES FOR YOUNG READERS - BOOK 1 in 2011. I couldn't wait for someone to publish the book and the few publishing companies, whom I contacted, weren't interested in my works. I decided to self-publish. Fortunately for me, one of the principals of a higher secondary school, who had gone through my book, was really impressed and decided to buy my book for their school children for additional reading.

Thus began my journey into writing as a part time profession and I now have, to my credit, three books - all self published - all available on www.amazon.com for e-reading. Two of my books: SHORT STORIES FOR YOUNG READERS - BOOK 1 & SHORT STORIES FOR SUCCESS FOR YOUNG READERS: A NEW LEXICON UNFOLDED are available in print format too. The latest to be added to my bookshelf in Amazon is: WHAT IF OUR DREAMS COME TRUE! - An Uncommon Meeting with Lord Siva - a novel. 

I also realize that many readers would buy books if only they can afford.  A large section of readers might still find buying books expensive and un-affordable. For their benefit, I thought I will create a new blog, for publishing my work, for free reading on the internet. This blog is meant for those who would like to read my work free of cost to them.

Readers who wish to contact me, can e-mail me on: neelkant16@yahoo.com








No comments:

Post a Comment